Thursday, October 2, 2008

Betty Crocker, Jr.

This certainly isn't a newsworthy post, but after finishing 4 hours in the kitchen, I am amazed how Miss Kinley never left my side. She loves her stay home days with me and we had a ton to get done this morning.

First, we had to make freezer jam since we were out (the store bought stuff just isn't as good!), then we made banana bread, cookies and then my grandma's chocolate cake for my dad's birthday. My other kids have enjoyed helping in the kitchen, but not like this girl. The others usually lose interest about half way through and then return for the taste testing. Kinley was actually helping me read the recipes and knows how to measure and is fabulous at stirring.

She lasted all 4 hours with me this morning with only a quick potty break and she was more help than she was in the way. How cool is that? :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is great! She looks so cute. I want some of whatever she is making.

Felt Family said...

Good job Mom! Those will be great memories for her. She's a doll!

Anneke said...

How fun! And I'm jealous of your Kitchenaid I see in the corner of the picture. Maybe I'd actually make stuff if I had one.
What a cute little Kinley girl!

Tanalyn said...

Oh, you're making me want a girl even more. My two older boys will help occasionally in the kitchen, that's if it is considered help.
There is nothing better than homemade jam. Can't do the store boughten either.