Friday, September 26, 2008

Final preparations

Cooper and I met Brandon and Erika at the tuxedo shop this week so Coop could get fitted for the wedding, which is just two short weeks away. I must say, he's gonna look sharp! He's not even complaining about the pink tie. I was getting choked up just looking at him standing next to Brandon. Something tells me I better stock up on Kleenex.

Equally as important as the tux fitting, I got to spend 3 uninterrupted hours with just Cooper. With as crazy as life is, spending that much time with any one kid alone is rather rare. Yet, I realized that night how important it is. We shopped for a while and went to dinner just the two of us. He must have told me no less than a dozen times how nice it was to have some alone time. Sheez, I'm getting teary just thinking about it. I wonder how much longer before the teenage years take over his emotions and spending time alone with mom will be a chore rather than a treat. Sniff, sniff. I know every parent thinks they have great kids, and Cooper is far from perfect, but this is one pretty special young man. He holds a conversation with adults as if he were an adult and yet he's still just a kid who craves fun and excitement.

I can't help but think that God has a special plan for this kid. No parent would ever wish health problems on their kid, but I am so grateful for who he is.

5 comments:

Logan and Ashley said...

Cooper is so old! When did he grow up?

Erica said...

Oh man!! He looks great- I am sure the wedding is going to be amazing.

KJ's Blah-g said...

Gosh! You made ME get teary eyed girl! Cooper is such an amazing kid! I can't believe the wedding is just a few short weeks away, you must be getting teary eyed for your brother too! Can't wait to hear all about it! =)

Anneke said...

Cooper is such a great kid! Kate still talks about "Coop". You're lucky to have such a great young man living in your home.
Have a super time at the wedding!

Unknown said...

Making memories is what it is all about. I love the one-on-one time too!