Sunday, September 7, 2008

Soccer season . . . ho hum

Ah, the fall soccer season has arrived. Doug and I are trying really hard to be good sports. We go to all of the games (this includes my dad, too), cheer on Kaiya, bring the snack on our designated day and encourage her to try her best. That said, soccer is boring. I am one of the biggest sports fans around, but come on, people! There is no action and the games routinely end in a tie. As my brother would say, that is simply communistic.

I will say that soccer is great exercise and I'm proud of Kaiya for being a good team player (of all my kids, she struggles the most with selfishness). She is quite aggressive on the field and has no trouble getting right in the middle of the action. This is the first time they have had goalies and they now play on a 100 yard field, so she was a bit tired after yesterday's first game.

Someday, she may have to choose either gymnastics or soccer, but for now I love that she is enjoying both. You might catch me reading a book on the sideline, but I'm glad she is having fun. :)

4 comments:

KJ's Blah-g said...

Hey soccer mom!I agree, it's not the most enchanting sport to watch. Just don't become a hockey mom, if you catch my drift, ha! Sorry, I'll always be liberal. =)

Did you change your blog background? I feel as though mine is in need of a makeover...

Barbara said...

We did several seasons of fall soccer. The first year we did it, I was talked into coaching Brian's team so I couldn't read a book. We quite enjoyed it. Have a great season!

Felt Family said...

My girls have never expressed an interest in soccer so we've never been able to "enjoy" it. But lately Nicole has been saying she wants to sign up next time round, so we'll see.

Paul and Jill said...

Don't say that to any of my neighbors. They are all excited soccer moms who have kids in competative and everything! A little too much for me. But I enjoyed playing. It gets better the older they get and the better their skills are. Hang in there!
Jill