Monday, October 20, 2008

Family Hove Ning-ning


I love the cute things kids say--so much so that I have banned my older two kids from correcting Kinley when she says something wrong. My baby is growing up fast enough! Our weekly family night, known as Family Home Evening, is something we've been pretty good about doing on Monday nights. Kinley, however, calls it Family Hove Ning-ning. She now hears that it's wrong, but she can't quite straighten out the words when they come out.

In any event, we had a good time tonight visiting a local pumpkin farm and picking our own veggies and pumpkins. We got very lost in the corn maze, climbed some pretty tall haystacks and tested what little Spanish we know with our tour guide on the farm (OK tour guide is a bit fancy--he was the driver of the tractor that took us out to the field to pick our own veggies). They owners of Miller Farm painted several old cars to replicate the ones from the movie Cars and the kids loved checking those out.

I am not a fan of colder weather, but I have to admit it was pretty nice coming home to a bowl of warm chili and a mug of hot chocolate after a cool evening on the farm!

2 comments:

Erica said...

I have got to get Jamison over there to see those cars. He loves the movie and has almost car from the movie. Sounds like a fun night!!

Felt Family said...

What a fun place! I love Kinley's pronunciation. I get mad at Matt all the time when he tries to correct our kids. It's just so cute and they grow out of it way too soon. The other night Paige said she wants "to get one of those little tiny goats, you know, Pigly Goats!" It was an effort to keep a straight face.