Saturday, October 11, 2008

A storybook day!

I am going to attempt to make it through this post without getting tears on my computer. But, as I reflect on just how perfect it was and how happy I am for my little brother and his new wife, the tears are hard to hold back.

The day was perfect, the bride was gorgeous, my brother was a confident and amazing groom, my kids did a fantastic job and I feel like this is really what life is all about--making memories with close friends and family. And, I loved sitting with Doug reflecting on our own wedding and thinking about how lucky I am.

We started the day with a full breakfast served by the owners of the B&B where we are staying, which was fantastic. My mom and I got to go for a run in historic Crested Butte and then it was time to start getting ready. I am far from a hair expert, but the girls hair actually turned out pretty cute. We got to help Erika get on her dress and be part of that whole process as my girls just watched in awe.


Thousands of pictures later, it was time to start the ceremony. Cooper looked like a million bucks in his tux and the girls didn't miss a beat as they dropped every petal in their baskets down the aisle. The ceremony itself was very personal and I bawled through it all. Cooper had the rings in his pocket and when the pastor asked for them, he lightened the mood by pretending very briefly that they weren't in his pocket. It drew a lot of laughs and was a perfect moment to do so. Brandon was a rock and was so confident--I wish he knew just how proud I am of him . . . .

For hours afterwards, we danced, ate, watched my youngest brother Bennett do a fantastic toast as the best man, shared many, many hugs, and reflected on the day. As guests left, the immediate families on both sides stayed up late to visit--I think not wanting this perfect day to end.

I was proud of my kids and loved watching them be the life of the party. Cooper was so grown up, polite and witty; Miss Kinley charmed the pants of everyone, and Kaiya just enjoyed every minute. I was honestly nervous about the girls lasting that long without some sort of meltdown, but they rose to the occasion like champs.

It really was a storybook day . . . one we will never forget. We love you, Brandon and Erika!!

4 comments:

KrisJ said...

Looks like a great day! Holy moly Brandon is HUGE!! He makes the rest of you shorties look well SHORT!! lol So beautiful the girls looked gorgeous and Coop looked really handsome and he sure can pull of pink!

Paul and Jill said...

Sounds like the perfect day! Seems like you had a great time! Loved the pictures and enjoying it with you.
See you soon,
Jill

KJ's Blah-g said...

Ok, even if YOU were able to get through writing that without crying, I was not able to READ it without getting a little teary eyed! What a gorgeous wedding, you all look great! Congrats to your bro and his new wife, yeay!!! =)

Felt Family said...

Hey guys! Glad you had a good weekend. The kids looked great! Tell Brandon and Erika congratulations from us.