Friday, October 10, 2008

The "practice" wedding

The much anticipated event has FINALLY arrived and we are alive and well in beautiful Crested Butte. The drive up here was amazing with the fall colors--much different than the drive the kids are used to across I-80 to Utah! My dad came with us and got to experience life with a carload of kids. :)

First of all, this place is unreal. I could stay for months. The Crested Butte Retreat is like a 5-star hotel and day spa all in one. Each room has its own private hot tub and our room is two stories with a full kitchen. Wow!! We are living it up. :) The main lodge is where the ceremony will take place and it has multiple levels with the big eating area and tons of cozy nooks to relax.


For whatever reason, my girls cannot seem to remember the word "rehearsal", so they have been calling today the "practice wedding" for months. They have been so excited to be flower girls and they have practiced at home for months--my hallways have been lined with flower petals on a routine basis at home. Well, they finally got to practice for real and they did great (which might have something to do with the fact that they have been told Santa will not stop at our house if they act up)! They are so excited to get ready in the "girls" suite tomorrow and to get their hair done in an "up-do".

I have already bawled hard twice. Once when we watched Brandon and Erika practice their vows and once when my dad and Brandon mentioned how much they wish my grandparents were still alive to be here for this day.

More to follow after this is all official!! :)

2 comments:

Laura said...

What a gorgeous lodge! Weddings were so wonderful, and I know you and your family will enjoy it to the fullest! Have fun!!!

KJ's Blah-g said...

WOW!!! Amazing! Crested Butte is the most gorgeous place on earth- perfect for a wedding! I hope you brought lots of Kleenex! Too exciting! =)