Wednesday, April 23, 2008

She says it's her turn

Yesterday, I came into our office at home to find Kaiya looking at our blog with this sad face. She kept scrolling down and made some comment about how I should rename our blog to be "Cooper.com" In all fairness, she has really been amazing to her brother over the last two weeks and I'm so proud of her for being so sweet to him inspite of being jealous of all of the attention. Even Kinley prays for Cooper's "owwies" to get better still. When Kaiya saw me taking pictures of her at the gym yesterday, she was quite a ham. As much as I keep thinking she will get tired of the whole gym thing (tennis, anyone?), she is truly part monkey. She has a bunk bed and instead of climbing the ladder, she grabs the top bar, does a chin up, hooks a leg over the rail and swings herself up to the bed. The picture is grainy, but this is Kaiya finally getting her cartwheel on the beam. She has learned a back handspring on her own now and is starting to talk of wanting to be on the competitive team. Ugh!

4 comments:

Anneke said...

REally, though, what would you expect? Just following in her mother's footsteps!

Erica said...

Daughter like mother. I thought you wanted her to develop her skills at gymnastics? After all it is something you have a lot of experience in and can give some great advice at.

Jolayne said...

I think that is hilarious--"Cooper.com". Amazing how they notice such things. I find it interesting that Amy even reads my blog.

KrisJ said...

Wow thats awesome! We need some video of that girl, I cant believe how strong she is!