Monday, September 3, 2012

2nd Annual Labor Day Camping Trip

I am not a camper.  Never have been and never will.  BUT, this is one trip I have no trouble taking.  Combine some of my favorite people on earth, no electronics, beautiful scenery at Lake Granby and decent weather and that's my kind of camping!  Doug, Kaiya and Cooper didn't come up until day 2 (yes, I survived without him, but only because other friends had awesome husbands to help!), so Kinley and I had some bonding time together.

It was just a great weekend--making s'mores, going for a run around the lake, playing card and board games, hiking to Adams Falls, repelling for the first time (thanks, Blaine!!!), and watching the kids just explore and play and get dirty.  Thanks to Tirsa for organizing this again!!  I am officially a happy camper. :)

Loved seeing all these little girls being buddies!

Lyddie getting brave!

The organizer and her sidekick

We had so much fun at the falls--quite an adventure crossing on this log!







Look at the background--unbelievably gorgeous (you, too, Sophie)!






Waiting for Ken to fall, but he never did!!


Lots of repelling photos, but I was AMAZED at the fearlessness of all the kids.  That first step off is scary!!









Our repelling cheerleader. :)


Not the shot I wanted, but you can see the steep drop off!


Dutch oven extraordinaires

The lake was way down, but a little mud didn't stop the kids!


A lot of work (I should have taken a picture of all the cars loaded down!), but so worth it.  Until next year . . . . . !

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a fun family weekend! Those are some awesome pictures you get to scrap!

Tirsa said...

As always, you got some great pics! Can I copy and paste this blog post, too??? I'm seriously so behind!!!