Friday, September 7, 2012

Nominated!


At the risk of embarrassing Cooper, I love that this kid talks to me.  I mean really talks to me.  I find out more from him about what's going on in high school, his day, his friends, golf, etc. than I ever expected.  Last week, he texted me at lunch to say he was nominated by his peers for freshman homecoming attendant!  He was one of only 3 boys out of 180.  It was huge honor for lots of reasons--he has really let go of the need to be 'popular' over the last year and just come into himself.  He is hilarious (voted best sense of humor last year--I think this might make his dad prouder than his grades) and he's just a great kid.

He just found out he didn't win (the kid who won is the QB of the football team and has 3 older brothers who have gone through the school before him), but it didn't really matter.  Right after he got nominated, he went to a varsity golf tourney and had the best round of his life.

I told him to put those two great days 'in the bank' to draw upon when the not so good days come--advice I got from my own mom.

Way to go, Coop!!

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a fantastic and exciting day for Coop! Way to go Buddy! So cool!