Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Play ball!

One of my favorite quotes has to do with baseball (shocking, I know). It says, "People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."

After months of waiting, baseball season is finally upon us. I love sitting in the bleachers watching games--Cooper's, Bennett's, the Rockies, random games on TV. Bring it on!

Cooper had his first tournament last weekend and they got their rear ends handed to them in all three games. I hate seeing them lose big, but the scores were not indicative of the kind of team they will be. They had one or two bad innings and the other teams capitalized. All of the teams we played were 8th grade teams and we really hung in there. Coop was exhausted after catching three games, but he did great. He was a bit rusty in game one, but pulled it together after that. In game 3, he had two collisions at the plate tagging runners out. So fun! He has been putting in extra time working on blocking and something has finally clicked with his hitting. He went 3-5 over the weekend with one walk. The video is of his 2 RBI double. He was pretty pumped!

Digging a pitch out of the dirt.

Had to also throw in this photo of Kaiya. We now have two kids in braces. As if these kids don't already cost enough! She is pretty sore at the moment, but is hoping it resolves before we head out for sunny Scottsdale on Friday! She got to watch a movie while they were putting on her braces, so it wasn't all bad. I think she looks so old with them on!

Not too thrilled


Finally talked a smile out of her


2 RBI double taken with crappy cell phone video

4 comments:

Felt Family said...

That's a great picture of Cooper at the plate. Good timing! And Kaiya, you look so cute!! Good for you getting it over with early! :) I hope your orthodontist is as nice as ours. If you have more than one in braces, the seconds child's payments don't begin until you pay off the first one. Interest free! (He must have had a few in braces himself once upon a time.) Have a great Spring Break--we'll have to join you one of these years! (Yes, I just invited myself.) :)

Jolayne said...

Misha was really sore after getting her braces. I filled two of Chris' socks with rice, warmed them in the microwave, and she would walk around/lay around with the rice warmers on her face. Seemed to help a lot.

Elizabeth said...

Ah yes..Spring time in the Rockies..I mean at the Rockies games!! :) We are excited to go too! Wish we could have fit in your car..or suitcase! I think Nathan is still trying to figure it out! Ha! Good luck with the braces...I pretty much don't have much sympathy..we just tell N and M just to deal with it! :) I know..we aren't nice!

Unknown said...

Ah... So cute in braces! I know it will be coming at our house soon! I hope you have a great trip and that I will get to go to at least one Rockies game with you this season!