Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Totally Wicked!

I have to thank my sister-in-law, Anneke, for introducing me to Wicked. A few years ago, it came to Denver and she called to say she was making the trip from Salt Lake to Denver to see it and wondered if I wanted to come. I had never heard of it, but having grown up loving the theatre, I readily accepted the invite. I was blown away by the show. I bought the CD and hoped to see it again someday.


That someday was this last weekend. Wicked made it's debut in Salt Lake and I wanted my best friend, Lori, to see it (it's kind of a chic flick on Broadway all about friendship). We bought the tickets way back in January and have been counting down ever since. And, in fact, Wicked is now coming back to Denver this fall, so I got tickets AGAIN and this time I'm taking Kaiya two days before her birthday. Wohoo!

She picked me up at the airport in Salt Lake and we had two days of shopping, dining, jogging, seeing the show and girl time. You would think we would run out of things to analyze and talk about, but we never do. :) Love your guts, Lor!

4 comments:

KrisJ said...

SO fun! Gonna have to see if I can score tickets again too!

Barbara said...

That is the show Julie and I went to see in New York on Broadway a year ago. It is now in San Francisco and we can't wait to see it again. Glad you had fun.

Anneke said...

Yay Wicked!! Isn't it just the best?! I'm glad you had a fun weekend. That's the one thing I missed about the whole experience this time - no extra playing... just got in the car, drove a few minutes there and back as was done. It was still great, but making it a whole weekend getaway is always more fun! :) Glad you're hooked too! (Wish I could come out and see it in Denver again.)

Elizabeth said...

I loved that Show! I saw it in San Diego with mom and sisters. It ROCKED!! So Wicked!