Sunday, April 12, 2009

An Enjoyable Easter

Despite the soggy weather, we had a very nice Easter. A little time with friends, a little time with family, a lot of good food, a little too much candy and a wonderful church service.

We had a super fun time hunting for Easter eggs at the Zimmerman's on Friday and just watching the kids really enjoy being kids. I caught myself being very reflective wondering how they all go so old so fast, so it was good to be around Malia and Jude toddling around taking it all in.

Today was wonderful. The kids enjoyed stuffing their faces with candy and doing the traditional jelly bean hunt, finding them hidden all over our house (and so did the dog--hope that doesn't come back to haunt us!) Our church service was beautiful and powerful and I love that my girls allowed me to put them in matching Easter dresses (including ones for their dolls). After church, we had a great time with my family all afternoon and evening. It was one of those nights that the kids fell asleep as fast as their heads hit their pillows.

So, now we just pray that no one gets sick. About 12 years ago when I hosted Easter, every single guest came down with violent food poisoning about 24 hours later. So, I guess I'm not out of the woods yet, but I didn't do the ham this time (thanks, Dad!). :) It was wonderful having both my dad and mom here as well as both of my brothers and Erika. Papa Jay had to fly an airplane today, so we hope he got some ham in San Fran.

3 comments:

KrisJ said...

The girls looked so sweet in their dresses!

Felt Family said...

What fun pictures! I'm glad you had a great weekend. I'm amazed at how much candy these kids can put away without getting sick!!

Barbara said...

Cute pictures. Glad you had a fun day and hope all continues to go well on the meal.