Sunday, April 5, 2009

Headin' home


How is it that a week on vacation goes so much faster than a week at home? None of us are ready to head home, but such is life. It has been a great week and I love that my kids are making memories they will remember when they are my age. I love the ages they are right now in terms of traveling--no portable cribs, no strollers and everyone can carry their own stuff. And, they are still at the age where hanging out with their parents is cool. They got along so well this week (sometimes 3 is a crowd in our home!).

Here were some highlights:

-A Rockies Spring Training game
-Feeding the ducks at the park
-Climbing Camelback
-Hitting the pool everyday
-Meeting new friends from Illinois
-The pizza place that gave the kids their own dough to play with
-Out for ice cream a few times
-Dinner at Greasewood Flats (an outdoor restaurant surrounded by fire pits)
-A massage on my birthday
-Shopping at our favorite spots
-Hitting the hot tub after dark
-Visiting some old friends and seeing their horses
-Coming home a little less pasty white. :)

3 comments:

KrisJ said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Glad you had a good b-day too!!

Felt Family said...

I'm so glad that you had such a great week together! It was so fun to read your updates. Thanks for sharing!

Anneke said...

Looks like you guys had a fantastic time!! Good. But I'm just a little jealous... I'm SO ready for warmth. Not hot. Just warm. So I'll just dream of how much fun you all had and pretend I did too! :)