Sunday, March 29, 2009

From blizzard to bliss!

Greetings from sunny Scottsdale, AZ--where the orange blossoms are strong, the cars have no mucky snow, the highs are in the 80's, my kids already have green hair from swimming and the old people are aplenty. :) After a blizzard dumped a foot of snow on us on Thursday, I can honestly say I was as excited for this spring break trip as any. I am not a cold weather person. Never have been. Never will be. My ideal winter would last one week.

It is hard to believe that it has been almost 30 years since we started coming to AZ for spring break--first as a kid and now with my own kids. The condo down here, affectionately referred to as "The Pad" was purchased by my dad and grandparents in 1980. There are so many memories here for me. Now that it has been remodeled and no longer looks like it was purchased in 1980, it is good to go for at least another 30 years. I hope my kids bring their kids here someday.

I finally get to post something that fits my blog background right now. We made it to a Rockies vs. A's spring training game today. Good times. Wierd to see Matt Holliday wearing green, but a great day for baseball. It's so fun to see the players up close and to watch the young talent trying to make their mark. The girls weren't overly thrilled with going to the ballpark on day 1 of their vacation, but they were troopers.

After the ballgame, we headed to the pool, fixed dinner and ate in. I'm not sure what it is, but my kids eat like beasts when we are down here. Must be the sun.

Not sure what the rest of the week will bring, but that's part of the fun. We might head to an African safari outside Phoenix one day. We will probably feed the ducks at the huge park up the road, definitely will eat ice cream at the infamous Sugar Bowl, might have to have a mom/daughter day at the nail salon, need to hit a bucket of golf balls, many jogs along the canal, some shopping at my favorite local places, and many hours in the pool.

More later . . . . .

Ready to board the plane

Go Rockies!

Right in front of our seats

Take me out to the ballgame

2 comments:

Felt Family said...

It would be so fun to drive a couple of hours and play with you in the sun again! I love that I can picture "the pad" and the ducks and the always perfect weather. Enjoy it for us and have a great week!

KJ's Blah-g said...

So fun! I laughed out loud at your comment about your ideal winter lasting a week. =) After my first winter in Minnesota, I have to agree with you on that one!