Thursday, January 29, 2009

Flying high

Last weekend, the kids had a sleepover with Uncle Brandon and Aunt Erika. Yep, that's right. All 3 of them, all night. I can't even begin to describe how quiet it was in our house on Sunday morning. The poor dog kept going to the garage door and waiting for someone else to come in.

We spent the evening at a party with friends celebrating the life of my childhood gymnastics coach's wife who died unexpectedly from lung cancer after having never smoked a day in her life. I saw teammates I hadn't seen in 20 years. Since Kaiya's gym is run by my coach's eldest daughter, we feel very connected to this family. Here is a picture of all us reunited with Coach Baretta sandwiched in the middle. Wish it had been under better circumstances, but it was neat to see everyone.


Earlier in the day, I took the girls to Rope World, which is their favorite place to go. It's just an elementary school gym that is converted into a place with ropes and zip cords and climbing walls everywhere. I figured I would wear them out for Uncle Brandon. Meanwhile, Cooper and Brandon spent the day at Coors Field at a Rockies Fan Fest getting to meet players, tour the locker rooms and dugouts and get psyched for the upcoming season (players and catchers report in 15 days, people!!). What a great weekend!!

Inside a Coors Field locker room

Finally tall enough for the tight rope

At the ceiling!

Working hard



3 comments:

Paul and Jill said...

We definitely need to come visit soon! I need a weekend of fun without all the appointments and meetings! Sounds like fun and nice to enjoy a night without the kids (even though we love them!)
Love,
The Hyrum Lindhardts

Barbara said...

Wow! Keep enjoying the fun times. It goes way too fast.

Jolayne said...

I need to take my kids there. It looks like they would have a blast.