Wednesday, November 12, 2008

R U impressed?


Those of you who are sports enthusiasts know that November 12th is a big day in the world of college athletics. It is early signing day for the NCAA and I'm proud to announce that my highly recruited little bro signed a letter of intent today to play Division I baseball for ORU--Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, OK. They are a top 30 program and they play Division I schools all over the country.

ORU is a small school with a student to teacher ratio of 13:1, which suits a kid from a small town just fine. Their coach is world-class and Bennett has been told he will be their starting catcher. Bennett turned down offers from UNC, Pepperdine, the University of Nebraska, and many others. And, now the letters from pro scouts are starting to flow in. He got one from the Chicago Cubs last week. With a little luck and good timing, he expects to be drafted at some point in the next four years. Holy crap!! All this and he wants to try majoring in mechanical engineering.

I'm so proud of this kid, I could just bust! And, I'm mostly proud because he's just a great person, brother, and Uncle B to my kids. For the full story on this big day, click here. Oh, and don't panic if you hear me talking about how much we love Oral. Get your minds out of the gutter people. ;)

Letter from the Chicago Cubs scout








The baseball field at ORU

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is really awesome Haley! I'm impressed! :)

Felt Family said...

Tell Bennett congrats from us!

KJ's Blah-g said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats, Bennett! What a joy to see someone who so talented on so many fronts AND a good person. You should be proud, and I know you are!!! I am sure you will all miss him very much, but how exciting!!!!

BTW, your "loving Oral" comment cracked me up! Hehehe!!!

Barbara said...

That is great! We love baseball. Maybe in the not to distant future we will be able to watch him if he wears the orange and black.