Friday, November 7, 2008

A pint-sized revelation

Kinley's bedtime prayer 2 nights ago . . . .

Kinley: " . . . and please bless that I can sleep good, and please bless my grandmas and grandpas, and please bless that the oowies on Cooper's stomach will go away (she doesn't realize the scars are here to stay now), and please bless that . . . WAIT!!! DAD!! DAD!!!"

Doug: "Shh . . finish your prayer first."

Kinley: "But, dad!! It's important!"

Doug: "Kinley, no. Finish your prayer and then tell me."

Kinley: "OK. . . and please bless that I can stop sucking my thumb. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

Doug: "What is it?"

Kinley (tenderly and 100% serious): "See that sign on my wall over there? It says NO BOYS ALLOWED and you are a boy. I'm so, so, sooooo sorry, dad. You can't be in here. You can't tuck me in anymore." (grabbing his face sweetly and giving him a big hug) "Goodbye, dad."

This sign has been on her wall for 2+ years

5 comments:

KJ's Blah-g said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! This is Kinley at her FINEST!!!!! Too cute!!! =)

Felt Family said...

Thanks for the laugh! If that really keeps Doug out then I'm thinking I should have had one on my wall too when I was Kinley's age!

Barbara said...

I agree with Nancy... Thanks for sharing these fun things.

Anneke said...

Kinley's always good for a laugh!!! What a girl!

Sara M said...

I love kids and the things they say. Poor Doug, getting kicked out for the rest of his life.