Friday, July 25, 2008

She'll tumble for 'ya

So, despite my efforts to get Kaiya to take to other sports, gymnastics is in her bones. We tried tennis this year (kinda sad to watch) and she really enjoys and does OK at soccer (though I catch her doing gymnastics on the side lines). I have not let her do gymnastics more than once a week (all the other girls at her level go twice), but I may be losing this battle. The girl climbs into her bunk bed by doing a pull up from a dead hang, she sits in the splits while watching TV and she is never upright on our swingset outside. I wish there were an olympic sport just for climbing. Anyway, when I picked her up at the gym this last week, she announces to me that she figured out how to do a round-off, back handspring on the tramp. Once she can do this on the floor, she can compete on the team. This video isn't all that great because it was after two hours of practice, but she insisted on showing me over and over. :)

4 comments:

KrisJ said...

WOW that is awesome!!

Felt Family said...

You are awesome Kaiya! We can't wait to see you in two weeks!

Jolayne said...

Oh I wish I could do that.

The Toy Guru said...

Oh my!!! What a little monkey!!I need to sign Ethan up!! Maybe he'll work out his crabbyness.