Friday, July 11, 2008

Livin' at LAC




This is the 3rd year that we have joined the Longmont Athletic Club just for the summer. They have a decent outdoor pool and it's never crowded. On a day like today when it was 99 degrees, there is no better place to be than in the pool. Our neighbors join each summer as well, so we enjoy meeting them there, taking our lunch and just letting the kids play. It's a little ghetto (the train tracks in Longmont run right behind the pool and at least once a day, a very loud train roars by), but the kids could care less. My kids are all fairly decent swimmers because of frequent trips there, so I guess that is a bonus.

I wish I had the time and resources to petition our HOA to open a neighborhood pool complete with a BBQ and grassy area (we would likely just live there for the summer), but until then, we'll just keep hanging at the LAC!

2 comments:

Felt Family said...

I'm jealous!! I think that is what I miss the very most about Tucson...our neverending pool days!

Doug Lindhardt said...

Check me out. Now I have my own account, I can comment anytime I want on any blog I want. Look out internet, here I come.