Sunday, July 20, 2008

Living the dream . . .




I am a summer freak. I don't even mind when it hits 100. Summer means being outside, baseball every day and very little cooking on my part. :) My kids got a bit of the summer bug from me, but Cooper might reconsider his dream of following in his Uncle Bennett's footsteps after catching a ballgame in the 100 degree heat. I have never seen so much sweat on a kid. He looked like he took a shower every time he took his catcher's helmet off.

It has been so fun going to Cooper's games this year and seeing the boys progress. It's not the comical little league anymore. These are kids who make plays in the outfield and get struck out by decent pitchers. Cooper is living his dream of playing catcher this season and doing a pretty good job. He has had to learn to pick up his pace (if anyone has ever walked any distance with him, they know what I'm talking about) and fight through sore knees. Considering the kid just had surgery in April, I'm pretty impressed!! :) We're proud of ya, Coop!

2 comments:

Erica said...

Too COOL! Good job Cooper!!

Felt Family said...

Lookin' good Coop! We're looking forward to seeing you in 3 weeks...especially Nicole!! Love, Aunt Nancy