Thursday, June 26, 2008

Has it really been 15 years?

6/26/1993
OK, judging from the photo, it really has been 15 years. If you think Doug looks young in this photo, you should see his junior prom picture (photo to come at a later date).

We were young and naive when we got married, but I wouldn't do it any differently. Having Doug by my side as I graduated from college, got my first job, bought a house, had successes, and made mistakes has made me who I am today. As I watch my younger brother get ready to get married, it has caused me to reflect back on Doug's and my early years. As my mom says, marriage is about having a witness in life--to all its ups and downs. Marriage is hard work, but worth every effort.

Becoming parents together and raising our kids has been challenging, rewarding, scary, fulfilling and wonderful all at the same time. Having a child with health problems taught Doug and me that we can get through just about anything.

So, here's to 15 years and many more to come!! I love you, Doug.

5 comments:

KJ's Blah-g said...

Congratulations, Haley and Doug! You are truly one of my favorite couples and I admire you both so much! =)

Felt Family said...

Happy Anniversary you two! Seriously, where did those 15 years go?! I love you both and am so lucky to be your sister!

Erica said...

LOVE IT!!! That picture is so wonderful. To think I met you guys shortly after you got married too, ahhh.

Laura said...

Congrats! You guys are so cute I just can't stand it!

KrisJ said...

Oh my goodness I cant believe what a baby Doug looks like! So fun and congrats!