Saturday, June 14, 2008

Family day in and girls day out!





I promised Kaiya that if she quit biting her nails, I would take her to get her nails done on vacation. Well, the stinker did it and made me hold to my promise. And, of course, Kinley wasn't going to sit back at the pad (the affectionate name for the condo in Scottsdale that has been a 2nd home for me since 1980) with the boys, so off we went to the salon. The girls were so cute sitting there and the employees pampered them beyond what I would have expected for $10 each. Needless to say, we had a blast and all came home with pretty toes and fingers. And, the bonus is that Kinley won't suck her thumb with the pretty polish and flower on it! Wohoo!

The rest of the day was spent in the pool. Some old hag complained about the kids being loud, so we left that pool and went to the other one. The kids were shocked at how vocal I became in telling this lady off. Doug said it reminded him of a mother bear defending her cubs. Not sure I like being compared to a bear, but I let this lady have a piece of my mind before we left. :) Thank goodness for the other pool--we had a blast! I have been coming down here for 27 years (man, I'm old) and no one has ever complained either when I was a kid or now about my kids. Sheez, people--they're just kids in a pool.

1 comments:

Logan and Ashley said...

I hate that! Did she ever have children. Try keeping them quiet in a pool!! I love that your girls got their nails done. That is why you have two and I pray I never get one!! :0) Just kidding!