Monday, May 19, 2008

STATE CHAMPS!


I am such a proud sister that I'm about to burst. After working all night on Friday night, Cooper and I headed straight to Greeley on Saturday morning to watch my little brother, Bennett, play in the state 3A baseball title game against Lamar. I was as nervous as if it were my own kids watching him play. He is the catcher and an amazing one at that. The pitcher for the title game throws a knuckle curve and when and if those babies hit the dirt, they have a mind of their own. Bennett was like a brick wall--nothing got by him. He also had an RBI in a game where the final score was 4-1. To top it all off, he had 3 major league scouts there watching him and he has been invited to play in front of them in June.

Even more impressive than that is the fact that this kid is an amazing, kind, thoughtful person (even as a teenager, ha!). He has been a fantastic role model for Cooper. I wondered how or if I would ever really know him since I was 18 and in college when he was born, but he is one of my best friends. So, here's to Uncle B (as my kids call him)! Way to go, buddy! We love you!

4 comments:

Logan and Ashley said...

Yeah, go Eaton! We watched them play two weeks ago against Erie. I had no idea that your little brother played for Eaton. When we left they were beating Erie pretty bad. Good for them. You are such a great sister!

KJ's Blah-g said...

That is sooooo cool! Congratulations! Hey, maybe he'll play for the Twins. =)

Haley L said...

He was being scouted by the Tigers, D-backs and Reds. It was mind-boggling!!

Erica said...

How many year in a row is that for Eaton? I think when I attended we won state 3 or 4 years straight. Is Danley still the coach? What a coach if so. Congrats Bennet, and the Eaton Reds!!