Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Shoppin' for a new can

I get that homes are a constant drain on the wallet. I expect to have to replace things in our home. I expect the dishwasher to someday break and I expect to need new carpet someday. But, I wouldn't have guessed that the toilet would be our first big replacement item in our 6-year-old home. Then again, there have been a lot of surprises since we started having kids 10 years ago.

There is a phantom person in our home named "Not Me" that forgets to flush often. I haven't been able to catch the suspect, but I have 3 guesses. So, upon finding the evidence the other day, I angrily flushed the kids bathroom toilet quite hard. I felt something pop and figured I broke something. I had Doug take a look at it and he said he could fix it the next day. To prevent the 3 suspects from using said toilet, Doug took the heavy porcelain top off the back of the tank and set it across the seat as if to say KEEP OFF. Well, at midnight, Kaiya was sleepwalking to the bathroom and she lifted the lid. We heard a huge crash and discovered that the top had shattered the entire side of the toilet off. Doug found himself standing in a gallon of water and he may have said a bad word.

The next day, we ventured to Home Depot and test drove a bunch of new toilets. Just thought people might enjoy a photo of our weekend entertainment. :)

7 comments:

KrisJ said...

No words just laughing!!! LOLOLOL

tamiz said...

Hahahahaha, I've been pretty "pissy" lately so this potty humor was just what I needed!

KJ's Blah-g said...

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! And here I thought it was the Rockies that were stinking it up... =)

Suzy said...

OK that made me laugh out loud. Then I had to make my hubby read it. The picture is priceless!

Laura said...

Kaiya! What is that face!!! Haha!

Anneke said...

That is just hilarious!!

Logan and Ashley said...

Okay so funny about the toilet! That cracks me up!
Your kids are so old. It makes me feel really old! I hope Cooper is doing better. What a trooper to go through what he is going through. I hope all goes well and that Cooper heals properly with no complications.
Thank you for your sweet words. It brought so much comfort in a time where I have a hard time feeling sane. I am starting to get my hope and happy feelings back, but I know it will take time. Thank you again for thinking of me and my family!!