Sunday, August 5, 2012

Happy birthday, Hamma!

With just two weeks of summer to go, we packed in as much fun as possible.  For my mom's birthday, we spent the day at a private lake near Ft. Collins where my half-uncle, Matt, is a member. My aunt and uncle were in town from Hawaii and it was great to see them again.

It had been a couple years since most of us had been on waterskis, so we took full advantage of a really nice boat!  It was a super fun day (minus hitting a sandbar in shallow water) that made me realize I really am a summer girl.  I'll take waterskis over snowskis any day!

Erika and I went down on multiple occasions trying to do the paddle board together.    Nice that someone caught the moment with a camera. 

Surfing behind the boat with no rope.  So cool!

61 years old and still slalom skiing!

Soaking up some sun

My turn on skis--much better result than the paddle board!



Crazy tube ride at the end of the day

Can't have a birthday without cake!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't been water skiing in years! That looks like so much fun! What a great way to end the summer!