Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Our very own New Year's Day Bowl Game--The Toilet Bowl

Well, we rang in 2010 with a bang. Somehow, all of us but Cooper ended up with severe food poisoning. My camera was lost for a few days and it is probably a very good thing. We were a sorry sight!! That said, if you have a weak stomach, do NOT read any further!

We celebrated New Year's Eve with some friends here at the house and then later on at our neighbor's house. Not sure if it was the fondue or the sparkling cider, but within a couple hours 4 of us had a Toilet Bowl competition. It was violent and it was ugly. Kinley gets an award for making it to the bathroom. Poor kid was puking and I just kept saying, "Good girl, sweetheart." She finishes and looks and me and says, "Why on EARTH do you keep saying GOOD GIRL? THIS is NOT good!" I laughed so hard, but if she had seen what Kaiya did to her carpet, she would have understood.

Kaiya started us off launching puke from her loft bed six feet off the ground. Instead of turning inward toward her bedding, she leaned over the railing. I have never seen anything like it in my life. I think she hit all four corners of her room. She nailed the dog in his entirety who then proceeded into the hallway and shook vigorously to dry himself off. Now it's on the walls, doors and hall carpet. I cried. Hard.

Doug and I spent 2 1/2 hrs cleaning carpet until 7 a.m. and then went back to bed only to be awoken by the beast raging in our own stomachs. It did not stop until later that evening. Thanks to some Sprite and Gatorade brought to us by my brother and his wife and our friends (who were thankfully spared of this nightmare), we were finally on the mend the next day. Cooper was AMAZING taking care of all of us in our pathetic states. He made soup, fetched water, cleaned the house, boxed up Christmas decorations and only bragged a few times, strutting around saying, "Stomach of steel, baby!"

My pathetic phone camera picture of the girls who did not move all day


By Saturday night, we were well enough to gather for dinner to say goodbye to Bennett . . . again. We had a nice evening just laying low and having pizza. Cooper talked the family into giving him his birthday gifts a little early, so he had a great night! I suck at goodbyes so there was no stopping my tears. My girls didn't let go very easy and Coop waited until he got the car to have his meltdown. We are already counting the days to go visit Tulsa!!!

A couple of the other pictures I've posted were from the week between Christmas and New Year's. I am so lucky that my best friend's family lives in Denver and that she lives in Logan near Doug's family. They were in town and we got to spend the day with Lori and her girls. We went sledding and Lori humored me and ran alongside me for my last long run before the big Rock n' Roll Half Marathon in Phoenix next weekend. I had to do 11 miles and she went with me. We talked the entire time and the run just flew by! Thank you, Lori!!!

Kinley and Kylie ready to tear it up!

Our last family gathering for a long time



Showing Uncle B some new tunes

Football and a comfy couch=happiness

Never too old to share some love
Not even tippy toes helps anymore

Uncle B's #1 fans

Sweet matching hats!

3 comments:

Erica said...

OH hon- I am so SORRY about the puke sickness at your home. And the clean up... What an awesome family you have- Best of luck to Bennett.

KrisJ said...

YUCK what a sucky way to ring in the New Year! Coop sure lucked out!

tamiz said...

No flu here...knock on wood! We sure miss you guys!