Friday, August 15, 2008

Summer's last hurrah: Part 3

I am so exhausted, it is all I can do to sit here and type. It is the good kind of exhausted--the kind where sitting down for a moment feels oh so nice! We got to Manti on Wednesday night and it has been non-stop action. Wednesday night was the 3rd annual talent show (video to come later--it's very good blackmail material) and yesterday was a 20 mile trek into the mountains in Manti. 40 people, 7 4-wheelers, 4 coolers of food, one portable homemade crapper, and a handful of fishing poles headed up for a day at Snow Lake.

I got a 2 minute lesson on how to drive a 4-wheeler and 20 miles later, we were there. We had to hold on for dear life at times and I feel like I've been hit by a truck this morning, but it was a great time. Several of the kids caught small rainbow trout and my kids both learned how to drive the 4-wheeler (can you hear the begging for our own?). We made it back to Manti in time for dinner and it looked like the land of the living dead this morning.

We took advantage of the free babysitting provided by the older cousins and most of the adults headed to the Manti Temple for a session. What a remarkable and beautiful place!! Tonight, we take over the local pool for a few hours and head out tomorrow. Whew!!!!

1 comments:

KJ's Blah-g said...

Gosh, I am worn out just READING about your adventures on this trip! Glad you are having such a good time! Get some rest my dear!!! =)