Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Summer's last hurrah: Part 2

Kaiya meets Claire
Kinley's turn to hold

Fun on Grandma's sun deck

Slip sliding away

So, today we depart for Manti for the official reunion. Fortunately, there have been enough cousins around already to keep the kids happy. It is so fun to watch them instantly connect each time they see each other. We got to meet the newest cousin, Clarie, and my girls thoroughly enjoyed holding her. Cooper got to spend the night with Aunt Nancy and clan and watch cousin Nicole take horseback riding lessons. He tells me he'll stick with golf--horses are a bit intimidating. :)

Yesterday was our day with Lori at her house. I am so lucky that my best friend lives close to my in-laws. The kids wore themselves out on the slip and slide and then we watched the Olympics, which was bad for the egos of two former gymnasts. Not only do we not understand the new scoring system, but we are more than twice the age of these girls now. How depressing.

We will report back to let you know if we survived our first assignment--the arrival dinner preparation for 40 hungry travelers. Yikes!!

1 comments:

KrisJ said...

I hope you went easy like I said and just did hot dogs!! Looks like you all are having fun!