Sunday, August 3, 2008

18 years and counting . . . .

The kids and I got to spend Thursday afternoon and evening with my best friend, Lori, and her two kids. We had the best time and I hated saying goodbye. She has been my rock for 18 years and counting. Through college, marriage, the births of my kids and every event in between--Lori has been there. There are times in my life I know I would not have survived but for her love and support. Even though she lives in Logan, we see each other a lot since Doug's family is in Logan and her family is in Denver.

We met in Ft. Collins for the afternoon before she headed to Steamboat with her family. The kids played and played at Fort Fun and then we ate at Beau Jo's pizza. I haven't heard my kids laugh that hard in a long time. Cooper told me it was the best day of his whole summer.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Cooper appears to be having a good time despite the fact that he's with all girls! What a sport!

Barbara said...

What a fun summer it looks like you are having. It will be hard to go back to school!! Enjoy.