Thursday, February 7, 2008

Hallelujiah!!


Well, I just got word that I passed my nursing boards a/k/a the NCLEX-RN. What a relief! I have honestly not been that nervous about anything in my life. The test is very odd--it's called a CAT test (computerized adaptive test) and the minimum amount of questions you can get is 75. The maximum is 265. The test shuts off at 75 questions if you've either a) passed or b) failed miserably and there is no hope. It finds a way to "draw a line" at the point where you are getting half of the questions right and half wrong, so you leave the room feeling like a total idiot.

And after paying $200 just to take the test, for the bargain price of $7.95 I was able to find out my results early. When I click on the website, it tells you if your results are ready or not. If they are ready, it prompts you to put in a credit card number. Best eight bucks I ever spent! :)

The picture here is of the new Children's Hospital where I will be working starting on March 4th. I will be on the 9th floor in the cardiac step-down unit--the same unit that Cooper will spend a couple nights after his surgery on April 10th.

4 comments:

Laura said...

You are going to be a fabulous nurse. If I ever have a kid at Childrens, I'm going to request you FOR SURE!

PS: we all knew you would pass at 75!

Erica said...

Woaho!! Congrats! All that hard work paid off. Like any of u had any doubt that you wouln'd be able to pass the test. But I can totally understand your nerves. Now that work begins. We are so excited for you!!

Sherri said...

Congrats, we all knew you could do it. We are all proud of you!! What a lucky hospital to have you as one of their nurses.

KrisJ said...

That is so exciting you go girl! And kinda scary to see that there is a date for Coops upgrade.