Saturday, May 18, 2013

I just felt like running

Ok, so I don't always feel like running, but somehow, I keep doing it anyway.  It's an easy way to stay in shape and by signing up for a few races each year, it keeps me working toward something.

I ran in a nighttime fun run with three of my best friends and it was a kick.  We all wore glow bracelets and most important, we got time on the way to Denver and back to finally catch up.  The end of the school year about kills us all and two of these gals were in the process of moving, but we had signed up a long time ago and we needed a little girl time.

Then, my girls and I participated in the inaugural Carbon Valley Half Marathon and Fun Run.  Kaiya and Kinley both ran in the one mile fun run, which started a half hour after the half marathon, so I didn't get to see them but Doug was their cheerleader.

The girls both kicked some serious butt.  There were about 200 kids in the fun run and Kaiya was 7th and Kinley 11th.  Both finished just over a 7:00 mile pace.  So proud of them!

I had a bit of a hard time paying to run this half marathon because it literally started near my house, went around my neighborhood and stayed in Firestone--the same routes I can run for free every day!  But, it was a benefit run for Children's Hospital and my dear friend and workout buddy and I decided to give it a go.  It was a pretty tough course, but I hit my goal time and survived (and then had to go to work that afternoon--ouch!).

I hope I can keep running at least one half marathon a year until my legs just won't do it anymore.




0 comments: