Friday, April 5, 2013

Opening Day

Opening Day in Colorado has become somewhat of a state-recognized holiday.  The home opener is always on a Friday a little after noon and turns lower downtown into a huge party.  This year, Cooper and I went just the two of us thanks to my dad and we had a great day together.  I needed a redemption after forgetting my ticket at home last year and missing most of the game.

We got there early enough to see all of the on field ceremonies, including the introduction of the players from the inaugural game 20 years ago.  I remembered a lot of them and then started to feel really old.  That actually happens to me a lot lately.

I'm so grateful that I was taught to know and love the game of baseball because it has given me a connection with my son that I might not otherwise have.  I love that we can discuss the game, the players, the strategies and the outcome and I actually sound intelligent.

Thanks for giving up your seat, Papa, and for giving us a great day together!











0 comments: