Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy 15th, Cooper!

I feel sorry for Coop.  The poor kid is going to turn 40 and 50 someday and have to endure a phone call from his blubbery mother telling him she remembers the day he was born so clearly and how scary it was, blah, blah, blah.  Sorry, dude.  You better warn your wife.

Cooper had a low-key birthday.  No real surprise gifts and just a really nice family party.  Can't argue with that.  He picked the menu and we had a really nice night and then finished his online driver's ed program in the hopes of getting his permit on his birthday.  No dice.  Dumb affidavit of completion had to be mailed to us.  Grr!

I posted a super mushy Facebook post about him and he actually thanked me.  Whoa!  Sure proud of this kid--4.0 student, works hard at all he does, and is gaining an impressive sense of humor (just please don't tell him that).

Sporting a new Kindle

Cooper's new hat . . . on Brandon . . . long story.  Still gotta work on being gracious. 


Cookie dough filled cupcakes was his birthday dessert request . . . . 
. . . . . with a raw cookie dough ball on top.  

He finally got his permit today, Jan. 14th.   Poor kid can't even escape my sentimental nature today.  As we navigated through the horrible, inefficient, unfriendly, crowded and confusing maze at the DMV (I could post an entire story about our experience there), I looked at the clock and realized 15 years ago at that moment, Cooper was just getting out of open-heart surgery and there he stood taking his permit test.  He will be eligible to get his license on Jan 14, 2014.  Between now and then, I either need to take up yoga or start taking Valium.  I let him drive from Walgreen's to our house after he go his permit.  2.1 miles.  I only hyperventilated twice.  I'd say we are off to a great start!
Temporary driver's permit until the real deal arrives in the mail.  Firestone residents beware!



0 comments: