Sunday, November 11, 2012

Malibu 1/2 Marathon


I really didn't think too hard about my decision when a dear friend of mine invited me to go run a half marathon with her near her hometown in California.  Let's see--run the entire half marathon along the beach in November . .  um, ok!

It was a quick trip, but amazing.  We stayed with her second 'mom' and I got to see where Tirsa grew up, where she went to high school and the beaches she frequented.  I can see why it's hard for her to not live there anymore.  We got to shop at some of the best outlets I've ever seen, enjoy a day touring the area and of course, the race along the beach.

I had a personal best in the race finishing in 2:07, which was a bonus, but I will say that despite some nasty hills, running at sea level was just awesome.  My lungs never burned and I felt great the whole time.  We watched the sun rise over the beach and got to lie on the beach after the race for a bit.

Thanks, Tirsa, for an amazing weekend!  Love you.

Sunrise before the race


Malibu beaches



Starting line 
Just had to do it 



Fun to meet all of Tirsa's childhood friends
 
Love you, Tirsa!





0 comments: