Thursday, December 22, 2011

Two Christmas miracles!

I cannot remember a time in my life that I have been so overcome with emotion for other people than I have been for the last 2 weeks.  On December 16th, just as Doug and Cooper were getting in the car to head to Utah for a quick visit (and the USU bowl game), we got the call that my nephew was about to get a heart!  Doug and Cooper made it to the hospital before they took him to surgery and were able to see him.  What a blessing!  I am happy to report that Spencer is HOME as of the time of this post.  He came home on New Year's Day, exactly three months after he went in.  It's hard to wrap my mind around all that happened in that time frame.  


Just 86 hours after transplant!

Doug and Cooper were able to go to the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl with Doug's dad and all of his brothers and they had a great time.  I love that my boys have been able to take two trips now to be with them and have fun.  It's memories for Cooper for a lifetime.

On the blue turf

Just 6 days after Spencer got a new heart, we welcomed a new baby into our family.  Sydney Nicole was born on Dec. 22nd at 6:12 pm weighing 8 lbs 3oz.  She is perfect in every way and we can't get enough of her.  I've made more trips to Greeley in the last 2 weeks that I have in a long time.  It's worth it just to hold her for even a moment.  It's also pretty fun seeing my little brother being a daddy!

Proud parents


Pretty excited it's a girl!


Just an hour old


Better than any Christmas present


So awesome that Uncle B was home!

I could stare at this photo ALL DAY!


When we're not in Greeley, we've been busy this holiday break doing fun stuff.  The girls have a new found love for ice skating and we've been twice to do that.  Kinley also got to get her ears pierced because she FINALLY quit sucking her thumb once and for all.  Socks, duct tape and the nastiest tasting stuff on her thumb did the trick.
A little nervous

Ta-da!

Telling Santa what's on their list (and Kaiya being a really good sport!)


0 comments: