Thursday, June 30, 2011

Let the countdown begin!


To say that I am just a little excited to be an aunt again would be an understatement! We are lucky to have 23 nieces and nephews on Doug's side and now I get to have one on my side, too! We found out on Father's Day that Brandon and Erika are expecting a baby around Christmastime. What an awesome surprise!! Here is how we found out . . . .



Needless to say, when they pulled the cover off the cake, it was a big moment around here. I was completely overcome with emotion. Can't wait! It's great timing because Bennett should be home, too. Speaking of Bennett, we got this photo from him today . . . he and a teammate standing inside Fenway Park in Boston, MA, where he got to take batting practice. He is playing in the prestigious Cape Cod league this summer and finally getting his bearings on the east coast.




Our other countdown around here is for Kaiya's and my trip to Cable, Wisconsin at the end of July for gymnastics camp. I'm a little nervous about what I've gotten myself into, but we're really looking forward to it. I'm going to spend a few days at our church Girl's Camp to get tuned up as camp RN. I hope I'm ready!! Spending the last 9 months as an ER nurse should help, but I'm still not feeling super confident.

Our summer days are going by too quickly! Cooper lives on the baseball field and golf course, Kaiya has gym 4 days a week, and Kinley is doing gym as well now. I have never seen Cooper so tired as I did on Tuesday night. He played 3 hours of baseball, 3 hours of golf and then went to a Rockies game with Papa. Rough life he has! It's been a learning year for baseball playing all of these high school kids, but his team has really improved and Coop just keeps getting better both behind the plate and at the plate. He could play all day, every day.

We've squeezed in a few fun pool days and time with friends, but it's all going by too fast. :( The girls have not spent ONE night in their own beds alone this summer--they've bunked together anywhere and everywhere--the basement, the floor in their rooms, etc. Fun to see them being buddies! They've been so good that I rewarded them by taking them to get feathers in their hair.

Getting ready to catch some air from dad

Their beloved feathers

We're looking forward a fun 4th of July weekend as a family. After Cooper's double header in Cheyenne, we may have stopped at a fireworks stand on the way home and we MAY be planning a little show in our driveway.


Pyro Jr. is a little excited about Wyoming fireworks

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So many great things going on for you right now! Congrats on being an aunt at the end of the year! How exciting! So good to see you the other day! Lived being able to catch up! Hope the rest of your summer is fabulous!

Felt Family said...

Based on my experiences at girls camp, I think your Psychology degree will come in handy more often than your Nursing degree! :) Have fun!!

Tell Brandon and Erica congrats from all of us. So exciting! I hope she's feeling okay. :)