Monday, June 13, 2011

Girl's got moves!

Miss Kinley had her big dance recitals on Saturday and I'm telling you--this girl's got moves! We didn't realize that her 4 performances would be split into two different sessions, so we literally were there most all day! As exhausting as sitting through all that has been in the past, I have to say (as did my mom and dad) that the show was actually quite entertaining. The studio had its big 25 year celebration and the talent from the older kids was amazing!

After multiple studio changes and drama trying to fit in, I am so proud of this girl. We almost threw in the towel a few months ago when the drama was at its peak, but I'm so proud of her for sticking with it. She was the very youngest in her ballet and her hip hop dances (a couple of the girls were Kaiya's age!) and she not only hung in there, but she really knew her stuff!

She is going to take a break from dance and try some other things like soccer and volleyball and if she wants to come back to dance someday, she can. We all just needed this break!

Here are my two favorite of her performances. The videos are horrible quality, but you can see enough to see how great this girl did.


Belle of the Ball


Imma Bee


September


Ready for the show


My cute bee


After the show


Lots of proud observers







Meanwhile, Coop has been so knee deep in baseball, that I don't know how this kid does it. He has at least 3 games a week and another 6 hours of practice. And he still can't get enough! He played in a tournament this last weekend with all sophmores and juniors in high school with a handful of freshman and incoming 8th graders and just did great. Even had a 2 RBI double to help his team win one game. He is being coached by the high school head coach and getting some amazing exposure. Crazy to think that high school is just not that far away! He wasn't thrilled to leave baseball, but he's off to scout camp this week. I'm not as nervous as I was last year, but I still don't love him being gone.


Just a slight height difference

Our other big event of the week was Bennett's homecoming. He brought his girlfriend, Casady, home with him and we got to spend a whole day with them. Bennett got to see a little of Kaiya's gym practice, Kinley's recital rehearsal and one of Cooper's games. The kids were in heaven! He is off to Boston now, playing in the prestigious Cape Cod league until school starts. What a week it was!!
Snuggle time


Watching Kaiya at gym


Just the girls


Sibling shot


A rare time with all of us together


Coop and Papa




4 comments:

Felt Family said...

What a fun post! I couldn't get the videos to work, but the pictures of Kinley were very cute. The final picture of Coop and your dad is so great!! I was staring at Cooper thinking he looked so handsome and grown up and something else...what is it...I just can't put my finger on it...OH!! It's Doug!!! I'm staring at a younger version of my big brother that I love so much! No wonder I love that picture. And speaking of him, happy celebrating tomorrow!

Barbara said...

Ditto to Nancy's comment. I did get to watch the videos and great job Kinley. Hope to see you all some time this summer!

Unknown said...

I loved Kinley's dances! Especially the "Imma Bee" one! How cute! She really does have some moves! Puts me to shame! And I am missing Jacob this week too... More than I thought! We need our boys back home! Loved all your family pictures! I think it is great that you are all so close to each other!

Tirsa said...

She did AWESOME! I loved Imma Bee and she can really groove! We were all impressed with the splitz here!