Saturday, May 8, 2010

A tale of two cities . . .

These are the days I love and hate being a mom. I had kids doing what the love today, but at the same time and in two different parts of the state. Ugh!!

Cooper had a baseball tourney in Ft. Collins in a highly competitive league and they got demolished. He somehow managed a smile by the end of the day. Not sure what life lesson you learn when you lose 20-4, but perhaps it is that you have to still find a way to love the game. Coop had a rough first game mostly just because he is battling some fear of the ball after his eye injury. In the second game, he played 3rd and caught behind the plate much better. The ump told him after the game that if there was a sportsmanship award, he would have given it to Cooper for the way he treated the other team. Guess I can live with that! It will be nice, though, to get into our rec league schedule where we match up so much better with the opposition. At the end of the day, most of these kids just want a shot to play on the high school team. Hard to believe that is only 2.5 years away!

Enjoying some fun between games

Kaiya had her second spring gymnastics meet in Boulder today and she was lights out except on her best event, which was kind of ironic. She won the meet on beam (even she is still laughing about that because beam is usually her weakest event!) and had awesome performances on floor and vault, improving by 0.65 and 1.2 points respectively. She fell on a silly transition move on bars and was NOT happy. She still ended up 4th in the all-around, though! I posted just her beam routine that she nailed!

Sporting her all-around medal

Then, there was Kinley today . . . being dragged all over the state to support her brother and sis. She had everyone at the meet cracking up, though, so at least she got her moment of fame. :)

I think for Mother's Day, all I want is SLEEP! :)


The winning beam routine (if you can see it over the top of people's heads--bad video!)

4 comments:

KrisJ said...

AWESOME!!! I think I held my breath through that whole video! The boys had a rough day but I am proud of them for sticking it out!

tamiz said...

I was holding my breath too! Was that the level 5 routine? It has changed so much if it is. I love getting to watch her progress! Too bad for the boys. Just think if Kinley was already in Showstoppers you would have had 3 different places to be at once yesterday!

Elizabeth said...

Way to Go Kaiya! Awesome! I am so glad you survived your busy weekend! :)

Felt Family said...

I finally had a minute to read this post and the one before it. Whew, Haley!!! You make me tired! Your kids are so fun, and I think it's neat that they all have their own thing.

By the way, we saw Mom yesterday in her new Mother's Day clothes. They are so pretty on her. Like I've said before, thank heavens we have Haley to keep Mom stylin! You have a gift!! ;)