Thursday, October 29, 2009

A tale of two siblings

An October blizzard brought us over a foot of snow and a snow day and a variety of reactions at the Lindhardt household.

Cooper's reaction . . .


. . . and Kinley's

Kaiya's reaction fell somewhere in the middle. For me? Just made me dream harder of beaches in Hawaii . . . three weeks from today!!!

I still can't believe we just had a snow day in October! Snow days were the best when I was a kid, so I tried hard to keep a good spirit today as my kids enjoyed the snow. They played in it for almost 4 hours (except Kinley who lasted about twenty minutes and promptly came back inside and announced she was "frozen to death!") Our house backs up to a ditch and has just enough slope to sled and "snow surf". I think we went through about a gallon of hot cocoa between sled runs. :)


3 comments:

tamiz said...

Love the pic of Kinley! I miss "snow days" but NOT the snow!

Felt Family said...

I was wondering about you when I read about the snow in CO. I'm glad that your kids got some fun out of it! Well, some of them anyway...

Barbara said...

Love those pictures. I can't even guess which one will be my kids next winter...it will be a shock!