Wednesday, August 19, 2009

And they're off!

What a morning. The combination of nerves and energy around here made our whole house buzz. We set our alarm for 6:20 this morning and told Cooper we would wake him up at 6:30, which still gave him an hour to do nothing more than get dressed and eat breakfast. He was in our door at 6:18 and paced for an hour. He decided it was OK to let Doug walk him in this morning, but as soon as the necessary forms were dropped off at the office, he was gone.

Middle school, here I come!

Kaiya was the least nervous. She has some of her best friends in her class and gets to use the same classroom this year for 3rd grade that she did for 2nd. She is happy about her teacher and was pretty cute helping get Kinley ready this morning.

Ready for 3rd grade

I, of course, bawled as Kinley waved goodbye this morning as she headed into her Kindergarten classroom. She was the one comforting me telling me , "It's OK mom. I will be home before you know it. Please don't bake anything or make jam or anything like that while I'm gone." She has been my buddy at home for the last 2 years. Preschool was only a couple hours, so it will be very strange having her gone all day. I think I will be able to get over it when I realize how much I can get done and how nice a little time to myself will be!!

The baby goes to Kindergarten




4 comments:

Jolayne said...

Funny that she doesn't want you to do anything fun while she's gone.

tamiz said...

You must report how the first day was! I'm dying to know and so nervous for Monday for E!

Laura said...

Aww, I hope they all had great first days!

Felt Family said...

I feel your pain! I said goodbye to mine this morning and didn't much care for it at all. Of course, I have gotten a lot more done today!

Your girls look gorgeous! And Cooper, well...he's a heart breaker! : )