Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Staples - 'That was easy'

Cooper decided to be an ad slogan for Staples this last Saturday just before his first basketball game. Doug had to work and I was literally in the process of loading everyone in the van to head to the game when I heard a huge thud.

The thud was Cooper crumbling to the floor after smacking his head into the corner of the cabinet trying to jump up and grab a couple Advil for a sore shoulder. I see blood running down through his hair and now I've got a decision to make. Go to the ER or to the game? Since Cooper had to miss his first game last week while we were in Utah, he was having none of my idea to skip this game as well.

So, I slapped some Dermabond and a steri strip on his scalp (which doesn't stick so well to a thick head of hair) and off we go. Of course, it's picture day and here is Coop with red streaked hair. My bigger concern was the refs not letting him play because it was still oozing a bit under the steri strip and as he started sweating, he had pink sweat running down his face. He got pulled out once when the ref noticed, so we cleaned it up again and back in he went. It wasn't his best game, but he played good D. He admitted later that the adrenaline buzz from hitting his head wore him out.

After the game, my dad took the girls home for me while we headed to Children's for some preferential treatment. 5 staples later, we were done. What a day!!

6 comments:

KrisJ said...

HOLY CRAP 5 staples!! Way to go Coop what a trooper!!

Felt Family said...

OUCH! OUCH! OUCH! Way to play through the pain...

Erica said...

I can't beleive that he played!! Didn't it hurt?

tamiz said...

Ok, I saw the pink ooze but had no idea it ws that bad!! There's got to be some kind of award for playing with that kind of injury!!

Shauna said...

OUCH!!! Also I am stopping by to say have a blessed and very Merry Christmas! ♥ Hugs :) Shauna

Anneke said...

What? I can't even handle the thoughts of playing with a gaping hole in my head. There's some dedication! What a stong kid, Coop!