Monday, June 4, 2012

Waco Warriors

Cooper and I decided to make the trek to Waco, Texas to watch Bennett play in the NCAA regional tournament.  I'm so glad we went because we were able to be there to see what ended up being his last game as a collegiate player.

It was hot as snot and super humid, but we had a great time.  Cooper flew in early on Friday morning with my mom and brother and then Erika, Sydney and I flew in that night.  What a pure treat to spend that much time with Erika and Syd and then to have that time with the rest of my family and especially my son.  Bennett played well and the tears flowed after they lost their last game.  So hard to believe he is done with his college career.   Lots of scouts were there and we knew the majority were there to watch him.  The Baylor campus was amazing ($$) and it was just fun to be in a stadium with that many people in such a great atmosphere.





Taking a quick dip in the pool

Airplane rides of the human variety

Enjoying some relaxation time before the game

Ready to cheer on B

Great stadium


Handful of scouts

Casady and Syd 

Only 5 months and already a seasoned fan!

Love watching him

His last at bat

Wiping tears and sweat at the end of it all

The whole crew on the last night

His idol

Hi, Uncle B

Great weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it is great how much your kids love their Uncle B! And that cute little Syd! Oh my, she is a sweetheart! Love her cute baby face!

Elizabeth said...

I am so glad you and Coop got to go to his game! Nathan was actually watching it on the computer after Coop texted him! :) Sydney is so cute too!