Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Feeling like a ping pong ball!

Last Saturday was about as nuts as it gets for us. Schedule of events was as follows:

1) Piano recital for Kaiya in Boulder @ 10:30
2) Baseball game for Cooper in Louisville @11:15 . . . moved to 1:15 . . . and finally played at 2:15 due to rain.
3) Gymnastics meet in Bouder @1:00
4) Baseball game at 6:30 in Louisville . . . rained out.

Somehow, all of those events ended up being within 20 minutes of each other. How lucky is that? My dad joined us for most of the day, which was so nice. Kaiya did a great job in her recital--for as little as she practices, she's getting pretty good!


So poised




Cooper's team lost, but he felt like he made good contact with the ball. They put him in at 2nd base for part of the game, which he never plays, so he was a bit out of his element. He was just so bummed to have the weather ruin yet another tournament. Where is the sunshine????

Kaiya's meet went really well. Her only bad event was floor--she just looked so tired. Everything else was awesome and she even stuck beam!! There were only 2 level 6's at the meet, but she won, so it still felt good!!

1st place! (even if there were only 2)


A little wobbly, but she stayed on!!


It was Kinley's turn for some of my time on Monday at her 1st grade field trip to the zoo. I had worked from 3 pm to 3 am the night before, but managed to get up and go with her. I was questioning my sanity, but I think she told me about 10 times how happy she was that I was there. Her group was so well behaved and we saw so many animals in 2 1/2 hrs, including a baby orangutan that was literally hanging onto its mother's back and sitting on her head. Made me think that we really aren't all that different from our primate friends! :)


My last 1st grader to go on the zoo field trip


I just loved this picture . . the mom completely oblivious to the baby hanging all over her!

After the zoo, I turned around and joined my dad and brother and my dad's stockbroker at a Rockies game, sitting in the owner's seats. Front row, baby! It's the 3rd time I've had the privilege of sitting in those seats and it never gets old! Gourmet buffet beforehand and the Rox pulled off a come from behind win, so it was a great finish. What a week!!!


Up close and personal with Tulo from the front row!



2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a busy week you had! Looks like a FUN busy time! and of course so glad you got to see such a great game! Awesome seats of course!! You must have brought them good luck!

Unknown said...

That is a crazy busy week! Wow! Your kids are doing amazing things! And I love that shot of Tulo! Great seats! I went to the Giants game Wednesday with J and Tulo hit an awesome HR that day to start off the game! That guy is good!