Sunday, June 20, 2010

Look who's 40!

I know I am going to be in big trouble for continuing to harass my husband, but he never posts stuff on the blog, so I get the liberty of embarrassing him further on here.

Our summer has already been jam packed, but we did stop long enough to celebrate Doug's 40th birthday and Father's Day today. On his actual birthday, I had to work and Cooper had a game, so we celebrated last night with friends at a Rockies game and again today with family. The Rockies were kind enough to pull out a come-from-behind win (a rarity in the 2010 season so far) and we got to sit in the suite! It was really an awesome night--thank you Lowrys!!! We also had a really nice Father's Day today--I feel very blessed to have an amazing husband who is a wonderful dad and for my own dad, with whom I am very close. I talk to him at least daily and he is a huge part of my life. Love ya, dad!!


You might see this again in a Christmas card


A night with great friends

Our host got to throw out the first pitch! He's getting his instructions before the big throw.

A pathetic excuse of a mascot, but the kids love Dinger!

Happy 40th!

Cooper's baseball team has started their season 3-1 and he has played really well. I wish I had a video of the second game to show his throwing out 2 guys trying to steal second base. It's the first time ever that he's thrown somebody out (a huge feather in the cap of a catcher) stealing and he did it twice in one night. The throws were right on target and the second baseman played the tag perfectly. So fun to see the success--he really works hard behind the plate! His bat came alive during their last game, so he is enjoying baseball to the fullest right now. He also plays golf every Monday for two hours in a league, so the kid is staying busy!

Getting to play in the infield

I just dropped Kaiya off at her first ever gymnastics camp and it was an overnighter to boot. She had no fear until just before I left when she realized we forgot a night light. She is at the University of Denver, so just 45 min away, but she will be there for 4 nights. Yikes!!! She was so excited, though, and it has been fun to see her developing good friendships with her teammates. 9 girls from her gym are there and her roommate is 13 and very responsible, so I think she'll be OK!!


Ready for camp!


Her dorm room


Some of her gym buddies

Kinley has been at dance class after dance class and is gearing up to be in the 4th of July parade. Honestly, I have never seen her so excited for something--being in a parade is a dream come true for her.

Base hit!

2 comments:

Felt Family said...

Happy Birthday, big brother! Love you and see you soon!

Erica said...

WOW 40 already?! Where did the time go? ha ha!! Sounds like the celebration was a great one. Happy birthday Doug! I hope Kaiya's overnight camp goes well- I'm sure she'll have the time of her life. You sure are keeping busy...