Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Two for two

I'm not sure who was shocked more this last week when Kaiya won the science fair--us or her. We didn't even bother going to the awards ceremony, but when Doug showed up to pick up her display, he learned just as he was leaving that she won. Who knew our non-creative, non-motivated family would be 2/2 on science fairs? Cooper won when he was in 4th grade. Neither project was anything spectacular, so I'm thinking we will always stick with short and simple! And, yes, I said "we". Anyone who has been through this knows that the parents deserve a little side award for the headache that helping with these projects becomes!

Kaiya's project on lung capacity in cold vs hot air


One other side note of the past two weeks (and it is awesome news to be able to call it a side note!) was that Cooper's most recent cardiology visit was totally uneventful for the first time in several years. The echo looked good and all the adjustments that had to be made to his pacemaker last time to allow it capture without missing any beats have held. The battery is wearing down a little quicker than we had hoped, but maybe in a few years they will develop technology that we can just plug him in at night like I do my cell phone.

Cooper and I are off to Tulsa this weekend to watch Bennett play in a home game series. Can't wait! We are even going to go to chapel with him--should be highly entertaining. And a much needed break from work--we've been so busy and we keep losing some of our transplant kids. Sometimes, it is more draining than I realize to take care of these kids only to lose them. I actually got to work in the NICU last night and took care of a couple preemies. Got my baby fix, so I'm good to go for a while again!

2 comments:

Felt Family said...

Ha ha ha!! Plug Cooper in at night like a cell phone--too funny! I can just picture him at 17 tied to the wall and unable to sneak out. Great idea!!

Good job on the science fair Kaiya! And don't kid yourself Haley--I've seen you do homework, and NOTHING is halfway! Good job to you, too!

Have fun in Tulsa!

Elizabeth said...

Hope you are having a great time in OK!! :) also glad to hear the good news about Coop! That project of Kaiya's looked awesome!Way to go!!!