Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Birthday Sweetheart

I am the first to admit that I love that Kinley's birthday is on a fun holiday. In fact, I had the option of being induced on Feb. 13th, but I talked the doc into waiting one more day. It helps, too, that Kinley's personality fits the holiday. She really is a sweetheart! She is also our comic relief, our peacemaker and our snuggle bug. She made me a card for Valentine's Day that said, "Dear mom, later do you want to snuggle with me. put your answer here _____."

I spent the day in her classroom on Friday helping with their Valentine's Day party and having lunch with her, etc. I brought a healthy snack for her birthday treat since they had so much junk already. She felt the need to explain to the class that she was really sorry it was healthy food, but her mom is a nurse and there was a little piece of fudge if they ate their healthy stuff first. Her teacher, the lunch lady and the librarian all pulled me aside at one point and told me what a crack up she is and how much they enjoy her personality. I was afraid to ask for any more details. :)

Getting sung to in class


Queen for the day

She decided she wanted a pajama party this year and it was a huge hit. I was nervous about having 10 little girls in my house by myself, but it turned out so good. Doug was gone helping take care of his mom who was recovering from major surgery, so I was the only adult there. Kaiya and her friends did an amazing job helping me and I think they had fun being the big kids in charge. They had heart-shaped pizza and then it was craft time. They painted some little boxes, made candy necklaces, and got manicures and pedicures. They were all so well behaved and I think they really enjoyed themselves. After everyone left, Kinley gave me a huge bear hug and said it was the best day ever. That made it all worth it!

Pizza!


These girls were focused!


Window pane cookies were a hit


The home spa


Present time!


Cake time!

On Saturday, Coop had two basketball games in Denver and they won them both! Coop played his best ball of the season. Still no points, but several good shots, a couple of steals and he played hard. His coach e-mailed me the nicest comments about him, which made my day. After the game, we went out to dinner with friends and without me even realizing it, Kinley told our server it was her birthday. The girl really knows how to make a birthday into entire weekend celebration.

On Sunday night, we had my whole family over for dinner and she impressed everyone by reading all of her birthday cards with no help. Her reading has really taken off. She got some great gifts and has been busy playing with them every spare second she has.

Six candles


Getting some help on a really hard word--such concentration!


Sporting a new suitcase


Her fav gift--her own Snuggie

It was a bit of an exhausting weekend, but so worth it. We love our Kinley Girl!

3 comments:

KrisJ said...

Maddie had the best time!! You did a great job on that party!!

Felt Family said...

Happy Birthday Kinley!! We love you! What a fun party--and a great mom!! And thanks again, Haley, for sharing Doug with us here. We love you all!

Elizabeth said...

Looks like a way fun girlie party! What would those be like?? ;) JK..I think I need one of those soon! You are a great mom!!